What was the point of the movie The Fifth Estate?
- To prove that we live in a time where almost no information is safe. A, internet revolution for information sharing.
- To expose deception and corruption
- To creat an important question about the society today. «What are the costs of keeping secrets in a free society-and what are the costs of exposing them?»
Why do you think you had to watch it and discuss it in class?
- To reflect on the question «What are the costs of keeping secrets in a free society-and what are the costs of exposing them?»
- To understand the power one single person can have today
- To understand that more about the world in general
What can we learn from this movie?
Some of the reasons that I have already pointed out. It is actually a huge dilemma.
And to end this with a perspective of the situation we are in as a society
“The more you can escape from how horrible things really are, the less it’s going to bother you…and then, the worse things get.”
― Frank Zappa